Sunday 21 September 2014

Open House London 2014 Day 1 Part 2

After Bloomsbury I went off to Liverpool Street to visit Broadgate City of London: Behind the Scenes, which is a model showing the huge amount of work being done at Broadgate (Broadgate Circle to reopen in 2015!). I like models showing building works and in fact visited a different one at a previous Open House. I also visited New London Architecture and blogged about it here ages ago (http://metropolithan.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/new-london-architecture.html).

A very nice lady explained the model to me, and then I forgot to take any photos of it. However I think that the visitor centre is open to the public so it's worth popping in if you're near Liverpool Street. The lady (I didn't get her name) also gave me some leaflets about what's going on at Broadgate, which is how I found out that the Finsbury Avenue floor lights up at night, so obviously I need to get down there post haste (http://www.broadgate.co.uk/art/LitFloor). 

As I failed to get any pictures of the model, here is a link to the architecture part of the website: http://www.broadgate.co.uk/Architecture.

I then went off to 10 Exchange Sqaure for a rooftop tour (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) which was miraculously being offered without pre-booking. Sadly it was quite cloudy by this point BUT SERIOUSLY, ROOFTOP TOUR. So yes, there was a tall building, you could go up it, I went up it, HURRAH. 

Outside and inside the building:



Roof views:










I thought I had gone to six places but looking at my photos and notes it seems to be five. I'm now trying to work out whether I've accidentally counted the Embassy of Belgium (I did go there but their spaces were filled) or whether I went somewhere and forgot about it. I did go past quite a few of the sites in the city but didn't actually visit them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment