Friday 24 July 2015

Danson House and Old English Garden

Even though I've got two whole blogs about the places I go in London, I have a tendency to go up to town and then wander off somewhere rather than looking at what is close by. Recently I borrowed some Art Fund cards from work and although I went to a few places in central London (the Shoes exhibition at the V&A, Apsley House, the Foundling Museum) I couldn't take photos so I haven't posted here, haha. However I also went to two properties that I'd been aware of for ages but had never visited. 

Danson House is a Georgian house in the borough of Bexley, run by Bexley Heritage Trust. It is a really well-restored property in Danson Park with a lovely tea room, so well worth a visit for a lot of reasons. There are a lot of impressive elements, including a rare (and massive) George Organ in the library, the gilded paintings in the dining room and the panelling at the top of the stairwell. 



Stairwell and panelling:

                                        







Other parts of the interior:









Dining room:





Salon:




Across from the house is a small, pretty walled garden (I think it was called the Old English Garden) and no, I still haven't learned the names of most plants:







No comments:

Post a Comment