Saturday 20 July 2013

Blue trees in London!


Trees for Cities is a charity that's been going for 20 years, and as you might have guessed, they want people to notice, love and plant trees in cities worldwide. To that end, they've worked with artist Konstantin Dimopoulos painted some trees in the City of London blue. OF COURSE.  ;-)

http://www.treesforcities.org/about-us/20th-birthday/the-blue-trees-of-london/

The trees are in three locations (which means I've managed to find them all by accident, go me!), all helpfully close to each other - 

  • The gardens just by St Paul's Cathedral
  • Devonshire Square
  • Aldermanbury Square 
St Paul's





Devonshire Square





Aldermanbury Square



The more I look at these photos the more I think this is an awesome idea that should be carried on everywhere. 

They've also developed a tree trail around the city which Lesley and I walked this morning, but I haven't looked at the photos for that yet, so it may or may not get a separate entry. It's a nice walk and not too tough, either way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment