Saturday 7 November 2015

Open Hoooooooouse 2015 #4

After McCann I went off to Belgrave Square, to visit the Romanian Cultural Institute and the Italian Cultural Institute. I also added the Argentinian Ambassador’s Residence, because it was a) there and b) open.


These buildings were fairly similar, all being from around the same time and in the same place. They are mostly built in the same style (I have just had to use timestamps to work out which photos were from which building), all being on Belgrave Square and at around the same time (mid 19th century). There was an interesting exhibition of Romanian art on but it didn't photograph very well, sadly.









The Italian Cultural Institute was much the same:






The Argentine ambassador's residence weren't allowing photos so none from there, but one thing I really enjoyed was an exhibition of cartoons by the Argentinian cartoonist REP – I was very sad to find out this was literally only on for Open House, but also pleased I’d chosen to go in there. I currently have this postcard from the exhibition up at work:

(English: Thanks, you can move now)


After all of this, I was completely worn out and had completed my list for the day, so I made my way home and collapsed.

No comments:

Post a Comment