Tuesday 8 December 2015

Open Hoooooouse 2015 #5

Sunday morning I started off going to my furthest sites, in Merton Abbey. There were two things on the same site, namely a seven-spoke waterwheel that is still working (awesome) and the ruins of an abbey (much like climbing pointless things, I do like ruins). It was a lovely morning and the whole tiny complex was really nice – there were little shops and stalls and if I hadn’t been heading off for lots of walking I would have bought things. Maybe next time I can bribe someone with a car to go there and then I can get some pottery.








Contrary to what I said before about my planning, the Abbey Mills shopping 
village/pottery is usually open to the public, though the ruins are about to be 
closed so that they can redo the visitor centre etc.

I really would recommend going again when it opens back up as they also had 
some displays on the arts and crafts history of the area (couple of photos below). 











No comments:

Post a Comment